Sunday, June 30, 2013

Family,
Sounds like you got my lovely pictures.  I hope you never ask me again to take pictures where I can't smile.  Bad idea.  But I am glad to hear you all got some entertainment from it.
This week has been good.  We tried basically everything I could think of to find new investigators and service opportunites.  We didn't have a lot of success yet, so a whole new week of trying all over again.  Maybe I need to work on my smile or appearance or something :)
Amy, the LA's wife, she is on date to be baptized July 20th!!! She is so ready to be baptized.  I know her husband's struggle is tithing and she had asked some hard questions about it earlier that week, but on Sunday we had this Amazing lesson on tithing.  A few of the members shared some personal stories that brought the spirit so strong.  After the lesson I asked Amy what she thought and if she had any concerns.  She said "No.  Every question I have always seems to work itself out." After we showed her the baptismal font and she was so excited! Then as they were walking out I saw her husband grab a tithing slip :) It's awesome to see her strenghthening them.  He apparently mentioned to the mission leader that he is trying to get his family temple ready now. 
Things will Kayla's husband went pretty bad.  We choked. We were nervous and we showed it.  He wasn't very accepting.  They were suppose to come to church this Sunday, but didn't show.  I'm afraid we may have lost Kayla too.  Lessons like that can be frustrating because they make me feel like such an inadequate teacher.  I also was frustrated that I was afraid.  That I let fear get in the way of teaching.  That does not allow the spirit to be there, but I can't seem to get rid of the fear of teaching....and I do it EVERYDAY.  I'll keep at it.
Well, overall though, I would say it's been a good week.  Deb, the recent convert, watched the testaments with us yesterday.  Then on our way out we ran into her neighbor, who just had a baby, and Deb said she will invite her sometime to one of our lessons. She seemed excited for the first time to share the gospel with someone! Even if her neighbor does not accept the invite, it's a start! I am excited about it.  It's always way more affective through the members.
Well, I hope you all had a good week.  I have definitly been keeping Katie and Sam in my prayers! I hope all of it comes together for them.  I love you.
 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment