Sunday, April 6, 2014

Aliyah's Baptism

This past week has probably been the busiest time of my mission by far! We had MLC, an exchange in Pierre, a Zone Training Meeting, and a baptism, but I wouldn't have it any other way! 

 Our Zone Training Meeting turned out so good.  Sister Wittwer was on fire up there and I really feel like we reached all the missionaries. We taught this one part on treating the missionaries with respect because even in the mission there can be hurt feelings and clicks and such, and we THREW DOWN!  I really felt like Heavenly Father helped us say what he wanted.
Saturday we had our BAPTISM, just like you! It was really neat thinking that we had a baptism on the same day.  I wish you could have been there to witness it because it was incredible! I was so excited for Aliyah and I think it really got her Dad excited to be baptized too.  I absolutely love that family and seeing them all talk about their goal of going to the temple was so spiritual.  But, as always, something goes wrong with the font.  Right before the actual ordinance was about to happen we checked the font and it was probably only a little higher than her knees and FREEZING!!! It was too late to really do anything, so she just had to bend her knees and freeze ("Stop rhyming. I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?").  So in my talk about baptism I mentioned that Aliyah had set four goals: pray every night, read her scriptures each night, get baptized, and be close her family.  After, the Bishop got up to welcome her to the ward and told her that if she kept to those goals her whole life she would be happy. BUT, then he said "If everyone just tattooed those four goals on the palm of their hand, it would be a much better world."  And he just went off on getting this tattoo.  My mission President was there, the Assistants, and all the missionaries serving in Rapid...oh my goodness it was so embarrassing but so funny. You have got to love members sometimes.  After the baptism we sent the AP's a text and asked if it is now approved to get tattoo's?  They said, "Yeah, we are all going to the parlor Monday to get them!"



 
 I absolutely love
Aliyah and I am so
happy she has made
this important 
decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment